AIM
Nomaider

1HG: Hot Summer Nights 1HG: Hot Summer Nights

I definitely think that in the realm of adult video games, this is a strong sense in the right direction; it reminds me of some very old adult games on this site which had an interactive/RPG focus to them instead of just being some sort of sex simulator.

With that in mind, I ran into a troubling problem; after the awkward encounter inside of the swimming pool (which was very well animated), I found it very difficult to find out where to go next. I traveled East (following where the girl went) and West, and even tried to go home to go back to sleep (especially after the mother mentioned 'go to bed'), but I could simply not find a way to progress.

Now, that might be me being not the greatest at video games, but I figure that it may simply be a design flaw that I wasn't particularly sure what I was supposed to do next. I couldn't find any other way of interacting with the girl in the pool, and I certainly didn't see anything obvious; did I miss something?

Either way, this game is definitely a step in the right direction for adult games in general. Although the walking pace was a bit slow for my liking and the game is unclear in some of its direction, this is a much preferred, somewhat classier alternative to some of the other things found on Newgrounds. Well done.

OneHandGames responds:

You're supposed to go to sleep, you have to change back into your normal clothes. I'll update the game to rectify this oversight as soon as possible. Thanks.
Edit: Fixed. The bed will now make the player aware that it can't be accessed while wearing the swimsuit.

Passage in 10 seconds Passage in 10 seconds

Brilliant parody

Passage is one of my favorite flash games. It's beautiful in a way which makes you think about your own mortality and how quickly life can pass before us. As you slowly get older, the game becomes harder to navigate and see ahead as you look at your past.

That said, this parody was brilliant. One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I laughed my ass off, seriously. "Now this is art!!" The thumps of the couple dying are hilarious, and it was just a fantastic send-up. A fantastic parody of a brilliant game.

Question to Newgrounds: how is this possibly in the "Spam" category? This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Looks like someone really put this in the wrong place.

Support Group Support Group

No Progress

***NOTE: To those who are giving this a bad score because it won't load-- read the author's description for a workaround***

The ending of this game is quite poignant, as you realize that your actions have had absolutely no effect on anything that has happened:

"Whether or not you agreed or disagreed, your actions caused no progress in the development of the support group."

I've tried and tried, and there's nothing you can do to get out the same cycle. If you actively disagree with the (mostly reprehensible) actions of the group in calling out a fellow member, you are kicked out and your voice is not heard. If you say nothing, nothing changes and your voice is not heard. And if you speak up in favor of the intervention, then you just add to the other chorus of voices and nothing is changed-- and your voice is not heard.

The best way to look at the game is from a meta point of view. "Support Group" makes you realize that your decisions in video games are not really yours-- they emphasize that you are under the control of the developer who decides what actually matters. Fascinating stuff.

Yet again, brilliant. Cheers.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

KIll Citty KIll Citty

Really quite alright

I've seen some horrible flashes in my day, and this most definitely is not one of them. There's animation here that although not exactly spectacular, isn't horrible either. You put more effort into this than I did for my "NG Rules" series which was basically one big motion tween.

Also, the message at the end, though a little dark, shows that there was at least some thought into this to make a joke. I'm not going to rate this high because it's not fantastic, but as far as spam goes, this is pretty much some awesome stuff.

Well done on getting turd!

Pickilow responds:

thax

Good Fortune Good Fortune

Faith vs. Work

This is the second of your flashes that I've played through now which focus on the idea of faith vs. working towards your goal-- and again, this flash, like "Have Faith", succeed in driving home the message you want to achieve: that although it is good to have faith, life will not reward you for doing nothing. You must work for what you earn.

When I was about six or so (being the good Catholic school student that I was), I remember praying for things without understanding the meaning behind them. "God, give me a Nintendo 64 so I can play Mario Kart like all my friends", or "Please give me a million dollars". And I would be disappointed when I wouldn't get these things. The prayer of the man in this game reminds me of those kind of things-- hoping to get everything by doing nothing.

Life does not realistically work this way. If I hope to have a million dollars, I can't just kneel down at the side of my bed and pray to God that I can get it-- I have to work at it. And this game succeeds brilliantly in making you think about this. We all wish that we can attain wealth and fortune without working for it, but "Good Fortune" reminds us that such a fantasy is impossible to attain.

Yet again, this shit's awesome. I may not have fortune yet, but this got me to think.

Air Pressure Air Pressure

Response to rainbowDISASTER

Alright, I'm a-gonna be whipping out some spoilerific theories about what I think this all means. So if you haven't played through all the endings yet, you really should.

Actually, she is the heroine. Or, to spell it better, "the heroin". Think about it. When he gets closer to her, embracing her, he ends up in the hospital-- he almost died because he nearly OD'd. The nurse tells him that he was lucky to survive. She doesn't need any other friends, only him, and she does only what he wants when he wants to get closer.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, look at what happens when you push her away-- she vehemently resists you. She's an addiction. He loves her, but at the same time, he hates her and realizes that he was once a happier man. Once he moves on from her, he's much more happy and at peace because he no longer has her as his nagging addiction.

Fascinating stuff, and a brilliant flash game.

Have Faith Have Faith

Ah. The Sweet Relief.

I took the easy way out first. I was generally curious to see what would happen when you did-- the black, "You Won" screen was a misnomer. I had won nothing because I had not worked to win anything. I had simply pressed two buttons at the beginning of the maze to try and cheat my way through this game.

On my second playthrough, I restarted the game and went through the maze. And, as the text said in the beginning, it wasn't easy-- but the text was wrong about "not missing anything". I was missing something on that first playthrough. I was missing the experience and the work I put into solving the maze. I had toiled through the labyrinth and as my reward, I had worked towards my reward at the end. The sweet relief that meets you at the end truly feels gratifying, while the "You Win" screen never will.

This is one of the few flash games I've played that have actually had an impact on my thought process. Faith on the basic level of it is hoping that something will provide the answers to you-- it needs no contemplation, only revelation. The text in the beginning asks you to "Have faith in me", and if you do, you get the revelation (the ending), but without the experience that came from discovering it on your own. The ending when you actually complete the maze is therefore brighter and more uplifting because you feel that way yourself after completing it.

Well done. This shit was awesome in the best possible way. Ah. The sweet relief. <3

Demon Seven Demon Seven

Satisfactory

I have to say that the game is somewhat fun, but I feel that the glitches (such as the ones that you mentioned in your author's comments) really dampen the experience.

For starters, I wasn't sure if i was actually able to play a hard mode... the only difference i noticed was that the game's fire appeared to come up faster. I didn't clear my cache though before moving from easy to hard, so don't quote me on that as a problem-- either way, I think medium and hard might be better served if you remove certain platforms or make it harder for your dude to jump.

I also noticed that when your guy lands on a platform, he seems to hover up and down like he's not meshing with the platform. I'm not sure what's up with that, but it was a little odd.

Otherwise, the game functions and is rather fun, although I do think that you should fix the glitches. It could be a rather fun game actually with a little bit more work-- I think you're on the right track, a job well done.

Dating Sim Academy Dating Sim Academy

Plain fun in a perverted field.

Bomee, you're entering uncharted waters here, and I'm impressed with what you've come out with.

Most people on this website play dating sims for the sole purpose of seeing naked girls at the end of them, no matter how depressing that sounds. You've managed to take the perverted out of the sims, giving people an experience that isn't found here to often (successfully), and you've done it well.

You don't want reviews for charity and confidence; you need them for critiques. Thus, I'll start my review of your work.

The artwork in the flash feels highly stylized, but it works (for some, not all of the characters). I was impressed how you used little details and elements (like snow falling in the hub area) to make the scene feel more life-like and moving.

The characters were a bit off. I suppose I've never been into the whole furry business, and that might be why of all the characters, Red, despite being a vampire, was the most fun of all of them. I would've preferred the ability to choose genders at the beginning of the game; it feels awkward hitting on guys haha.

Otherwise, however, this sim does nothing to stand above the others... I hate to say that. It feels as though you've put your heart and soul into it, so I feel guilty, but with such a large genre, you really need to differentiate yourself from the pack if you hope to succeed.

Good luck in the future.

About Trigger Ethics About Trigger Ethics

gumOnShoe, it is always a pleasure.

Gum, it has been too long. A pleasure as always!
------------------

I've only listened to the first episode so far. Sorry I haven't listened to more so far, but it's all I've had time for (and will probably stick around for).

It's a good job overall. The voices are crisp and clear, and the sound effects blend in quite nicely with the rest of the sound. But lines like, "But you didn't hit his vitals on that last one" seem to be a bit un-necessary (I understand that the character seems to have a penchant for detail, but it just seems... odd). What I love about radio shows are that they leave the details up to the imagination. For the most part the program succeeds at that, but there are a few times when it seems to be a bit ridiculous. It's an odd mix.

The opening was by far the most effective part, because we can't be sure exactly how true the whole thing is -- especially after we hear the discussion between the two men regarding his religious fanaticism. It works well.

Good work, shoe! (Just an fyi -- don't expect me to stick around here as an active type. I may be checking in now and then, but I won't ever be as I was -- I will check my PMs though. Cheers!)

gumOnShoe responds:

And of course I took longer to respond to this review than I should have. I hope you found the time to listen to the rest of the episodes or at the least enjoyed the first.

If I ever try this again I will have to do better with the dialogue. A lot of it is cool, but it comes off better when you are reading it than perhaps how it was acted or we just didn't know how to correctly express the characters.

Anyways, I hope you're still checking in from time to time and you get to see this.

Regards as always.